When a child is exposed to violence or trauma and a law enforcement officer or the child’s school has determined that mental health services are appropriate the following procedures will occur:
- Referral Form will be completed and returned to the Family Center. The form will include current contact information for the child’s parent/guardian.
- The Family Center will initiate contact with the parent/guardian to schedule an intake at the time and location that works best for the family.
- The Family Center will complete the initial intake assessment and treatment plan
- The Family Center will develop a communication mechanism with the parent/guardian regarding the child.
- The Family Center will provide trauma, or behavior specific training to school staff on an as needed basis and per MOU agreement with the school department.
- The Family Center will participate in quarterly HWC Team Meetings to determine the effectiveness of Drug Endangered Children’s Initiative/Handle with Care (DEC/HWC): academic achievements; truancies; and disciplinary reports and treatment outcomes. The meeting will not focus on specific cases.
The Family Center
137 Main Street, Brockton, MA 02301