When a child is exposed to violence or trauma and a law enforcement officer or the child’s school has determined that mental health services are appropriate the following procedures will occur:
- Referral Form will be completed and returned to the Family Center. The form will include current contact information for the child’s parent/guardian.
- The Family Center will initiate contact with the parent/guardian to schedule an intake at the time and location that works best for the family.
- The Family Center will complete the initial intake assessment and treatment plan
- The Family Center will develop a communication mechanism with the parent/guardian regarding the child.
- The Family Center will provide trauma, or behavior specific training to school staff on an as needed basis and per MOU agreement with the school department.
The Family Center
137 Main Street, Brockton, MA 02301