To date, the Drug Endangered Children’s Initiative has had 54 referrals.
4 referrals in January
Carver, Pembroke & Plymouth
referrals were from
PCO & a community partner
DECI Year End Report
- DECI ended 2019 with 21 referrals. There were not any referrals made within the month of December.
- The Plymouth County Drug Endangered Children’s Initiative (DECI) was invited to present at the DOJ’s Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) and the Office for Victims of Crime (OVC) Grantee Meeting: “The Opioid Crisis and the Nation’s Youth—Strategies and Solutions to Serve Our Youngest Victims”, which was held in Washington DC on December 4-5, 2019.
- The DECI team presented on the skill-building topic of “Successful Partnerships+Strong Collaborations=Safe and Healthy Children”
- More than 275 colleagues from all levels of government and across communities—included justice, victims’ services, and public health—convened to share innovations and best practices, leverage strategies and resources, in pursuit of solutions through presentations and peer engagements.
- Conference attendees were comprised of multidisciplinary teams from BJA’s Comprehensive Opioid Abuse Site-Based Program and OVC’s Enhancing Community Responses to the Opioid Crisis: Serving Our Youngest Crime Victims awardees.
In the Community:
♦ October 9- DECI presented to Guidance Counselors at Plymouth South High School
♦ October 10- DECI was in attendance “Stigma and Access to Treatment” Summit at Harvard School of Public Health
♦ October 17- DECI presented to counseling staff of Health Imperatives
♦ October 22- DECI presented to the Plymouth Area SAPC Coalition
♦ October 28- DECI presented to DOC Recovery Pathfinders
♦ October 28- DECI was in attendance “The Intersection of Immigration, Trauma and Violence Conference” at Stonehill College
♦ DECI hosted “Balance 4 Kids”- a children’s yoga class on Tuesday nights at the Family Center in Brockton
In the Community:
♦ September 4- DECI presented at the Community Services of Greater Brockton General Meeting
♦ September 5- DECI presented to the staff at DCF Plymouth Area Office
♦ September 9- DECI was in attendance the Local Systems of Care meeting
♦ September 12- DECI presented to Recovery Coaches
♦ September 13- DECI met with Learn to Cope to collaborate
♦ September 17- DECI met with Grandparents raising Grandchildren Plymouth Chapter
♦ September 24- DECI began “Balance 4 Kids”- a children’s yoga class Tuesday Nights at the Family Center in Brockton
♦ September 24 & 25- DECI was in attendance “Mental Health First Aid” for Brockton and Plymouth Probate Courts
♦ September 25- DECI was in attendance at the Children’s Advocacy Center breakfast
♦ September 25- DECI was in attendance at the South Shore Mental Health Collaborative Meeting
♦ September 25- DECI was in attendance at the Brockton Area Prevention Collaborative
♦ September 26- DECI presented at the PCO Quarterly Meeting
♦ September 28- DECI staffed a resource table at the Health & Wellness Fair at the Plymouth Public Library